Sunday, March 24, 2013

Earnings.

Straight out of ITunes Connect.

As I've done quite a bit of research on app sales, and pricing by reading blogs like my own, trying to glean some kind of intelligence out of this whole mess that is Mobile Application Development, I decided that being honest and open about my sales levels would be the best option.

As you can see, two days after a release I've sold 5 copies (I bought a copy), so really 4 copies.

I did not submit this application to any App Review site, in fact, I won't probably for a couple releases, just so that the functions on the app are a lot higher when I start asking for attention.  My Icon is horrifying bad as it stands,  as well as my ITunes Artwork submitted for the app, in the next release, those will have an upgrade.  Spent about 3-4 hours working on my graphics skills, and adding in the new MonoGCP features into the front-end.

Anyways, I feel good. Even at 5 copies.  If I broke even for the software cost, one day, that I've spent getting here, I'd feel truly blessed.  It would at least make me feel that I'd been repaid by my self-development, and the sacrifices that I've given to get this far.  The help I've received from others, taking my systems that I've built for them.  It will have been a very positive experience, and I feel very positive.  Empowered almost even.  Even with just $3.50 and a half-dozen other apps that never went to the ITunes store, but have helped others.  That's what I'm looking for. Growth.. and helping others.

No comments:

Post a Comment